- This event has passed.
Portraits of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Efforts in Behavioral Health Nationwide
February 17 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MST
Hosted by the National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors (NACBHDD) and Optum
Efforts nationwide to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are critical to advancing a more just and equitable society. However, the strategies and approaches to promoting equity can be drastically different given the organizations leading these efforts as well as the regional and cultural contexts in which they occur. Please the NACBHDD and Optum as we explore DEI efforts nationwide from state, local, and corporate partners. Our expert panel will also highlight timely resources to help your organizations promote similar efforts.
- Michelle Cabrera, Executive Director, County Behavioral Health Directors of California
- Gilbert Gonzalez, Director, Bexar County Department of Behavioral and Mental Health
- Graham McLaughlin, Vice President of Social Responsibility, Optum
- Debra L. Wentz, Ph.D., President and CEO, New Jersey Association of Mental Health and Addiction Agencies, Inc. (NJAMHAA)
- Lynda Zeller, Former Commissioner for Behavioral Health and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Administration, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Moderated by Ron Manderscheid, Ph.D., former President and CEO, NACBHDD, Adjunct Professor at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University and the Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work, University of Southern California