The College for Behavioral Health Leadership (CBHL) envisions innovative and flourishing leaders who invest in communities to cultivate healing, wellness, and recovery.
We support current and emerging leaders with learned and lived experience to collectively advance behavioral health across North America.
To accomplish this, we convene and connect partners and thought leaders in critical conversations across sectors that:
- nurture responsive and revolutionary ideas;
- promote effective behavioral health strategies; and
- build capacity to anchor work in recovery, equity, and justice;
CBHL drives this system transformation by partnering with our members alongside health care, policy, community, advocacy, and peer-led recovery organizations.
Our Guiding Principles
CBHL believes equity, justice, and humanity are needed to address the root causes that perpetuate mental illness and substance use. We believe that communities have the capacity to build solutions. Therefore, we:
- embed equity and inclusion in all that we do;
- advocate for equitable and timely access to quality behavioral health services and supports;
- promote safe spaces for dialogue and collective learning;
- illuminate community wisdom and strengths; and
- seek solutions by understanding and elevating the breadth of lived experience.