The opportunity is NOW to prepare leaders for the future!
Join a growing community of multi-sector behavioral health leaders from health care, policy, community, advocacy, peer-run organizations and others to inspire, connect, learn, and engage effectively with one another and with our communities to address behavioral and other complex health needs.
Our mission is to support current and emerging leaders with learned and lived experience to collectively advance behavioral health across North America. We do this through four primary areas of focus:
- Cultivate transformational leadership and collaboration through membership activities
- Embed equity-grounded leadership as the foundation for systems transformation
- Address the workforce emergency through collective impact
- Foster innovation through global collaboration
Membership Benefits Include:
LEAD: CBHL offers leaders opportunities for hands-on experiences to develop actionable skills. Our approach to leader development is to engage cross-sector leaders of all levels in a multi-generational shared learning experience.
- Equity-Grounded Leadership (EGL) Fellow Program – The equity-grounded leadership call-to-action is a shift in our focus as leaders to equity as the foundation for systems change. Applications for the 2024-2025 Cohort of the EGL Fellow Program open in Spring 2024. Contact CBHL for more information about executive leadership coaching.
- The Center for Workforce Solutions – In partnership with The National Council for Mental Wellbeing and Health Management Associates (HMA), CBHL is developing a collective impact approach to addressing the workforce crisis. To indicate interest in participating in this collective effort, please complete this brief information form.
- Global Collaboration – CBHL serves as the US Liaison to the Global Leadership Exchange (GLE), formerly the International Initiative for Mental Health Leadership (IIMHL). As US Liaison, CBHL facilitates opportunities for collaboration and innovation sharing across country borders. Contact us for more information and to join us in the Netherlands in June 2024 for our bi-annual international leadership exchange!
CONNECT: Members tell us one of the greatest benefits of CBHL membership is the connection to other leaders to share ideas, resources and solutions to particularly difficult problems. CBHL Members have access to exclusive opportunities to make these connections including:
- Members Only Listserv – Share ideas and resources or ask a question of all CBHL members via a Members Only Listserv.
- Brokered Connections – Reach out to CBHL to be connected to resources and/or other leaders based on a shared interest or expertise, potential collaborations, and general leadership support.
- Informal Mentoring – is available to all members who have interested in either being mentored or serving as a mentor. The benefits of a mentor-mentee relationship are endless and support the transfer of knowledge and building leaders of the future.
- CBHL Member Networking Conversations – Connect directly with other leaders via regular, informal dialogues highlighting important leadership topics or or sticky leadership challenges.
CONVENE: CBHL offers the premier forum for cross sector leaders to come together in an enriching space to activate systems change. CBHL convenes members and partners throughout the year on important leadership topics via:
- CBHL Member Roundtables – Engage in roundtable dialogues on critical behavioral health and leadership topics to make new connections, learn different perspectives, and share your experiences.
- Workgroup Participation and Collaborations – Participate in action-oriented workgroups focused on new initiatives to support CBHL members. Upcoming opportunities in 2024 include a focus on membership engagement, intergenerational mentoring, and workforce.
SHARE: CBHL distills information and shares expertise in the form of emerging science, innovations, lessons, and evidence. This includes:
- Webinars and Panel Discussions – Attend webinars and expert panel discussions to learn about new tools, models of care, and innovation from around the globe.
- Weekly Resources and Information – Receive weekly digests sharing resources, events, and emerging information.
- CBHL Listserv – Engage in information sharing through exclusive access to the CBHL Listserv for fast and easy outreach to share critical information and resources, or to ask a question of all CBHL members.
Engaging Frequently with Our Members: We want to hear from you. At CBHL, we want to understand how best to support your needs and will engage frequently for your input. You are also always welcome to reach out directly to Holly Salazar, CBHL CEO, with questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.