Join a growing community of multi-sector behavioral health leaders from government, provider organizations, managed care, advocacy organizations and others working together with our communities to address behavioral and other complex health needs.
Membership Benefits Include:
CONNECT: Members tell us one of the greatest benefits of CBHL membership is the connection to other leaders to share ideas, resources and solutions to particularly difficult problems. Members have exclusive access to:
- A Member Directory and Member Asset Map to facilitate easier connections to other CBHL members with an interest or expertise of value to your work.
- Brokered connections to other CBHL members or partners to support shared learning, potential collaborations, and general leadership support
CONVENE: CBHL offers the premier forum for cross sector leaders to come together in an enriching space to create change.
- Leadership Conversations are scheduled throughout the year for leaders with shared interests to promote opportunities to collaborate and learn from one another.
- The CBHL Annual Summit serves as an incubator of national change, addresses evolving needs of leaders and tackles core issues challenging the health and wellbeing of our communities. We just completed our 2020 “Un”Summit – transformed to accommodate a virtual space – and will be using learnings from this format for future events.
INNOVATE: CBHL offers leaders opportunities to collaborate with partners across sectors and with communities to support incubation and spread of innovation.
- New in 2021! CBHL is about to kick off the development of an Innovation Hub to convene thought leaders, to reimagine systems, and to create opportunities for collaboration to support incubation and spread of innovation. We will be engaging our members in 2021 to be active participants in components of the Innovation Hub.
LEAD: CBHL offers leaders opportunities to learn & apply innovative leadership practices. Our approach to leader development is to engage cross-sector leaders of all levels, support leaders in the development of population health strategies, balance traditional hierarchical leadership with the capacity to build effective collaboration within communities, and train leaders in innovative technologies to create change in their communities.
- CBHL has Strengthened our Commitment to Equity. We started by looking inward to clarify how we as a Board and an organization will take action to adequately and appropriately address racism as the primary root cause of inequity in health, social and wellbeing outcomes, ground our strategies with a focus on achieving equity and reducing disparities, and share our learnings and opportunities for transformation across disciplines with members. CBHL will offer a more visible focus on equity as behavioral health leaders in 2021.
- Informal mentoring is available to all members who have interested in either being mentored or serving as a mentor. The benefits of a mentor-mentee relationship are endless and support the transfer of knowledge and building leaders of the future.
- New in 2021! CBHL is about to kick off the development of a Fellow Program, where we will engage emerging leaders in an enriching space to learn & apply innovative leadership practices and achieve certification as a Fellow of the College for Behavioral Health Leadership. We will be engaging our members in 2021 to be active participants in this development.
SHARE: CBHL distills information and shares emerging science, innovations, lessons & evidence.
- CBHL members will receive free or reduced cost access to Webinars and other Shared Learning opportunities throughout the year with experts from the field on topics of interest. Our unique format combines didactic learning (hearing directly from the experts) with interactive discussion (engaging in conversation with the experts and your colleagues).
- CBHL members have exclusive access to the CBHL Listserv, which allows for fast and easy outreach to share critical information and resources, or to ask a question of all CBHL members.
Engaging Frequently with Our Members: We want to hear from you. At CBHL, we want to understand how best to support your needs and will engage frequently for your input. You are also always welcome to reach out directly with questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.