- This event has passed.
CBHL Member Roundtable: Policy Advocacy as a Lever for Systems Change
June 14 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm MDT
This month’s roundtable dialogue will focus on policy advocacy, particularly at the local and state level, as a lever for systems change.
We are excited to be joined by Dawn Yuster, a civil rights lawyer, with over 20 years of experience leading campaigns to win policy change, leading and collaborating with coalitions and state and local government agencies, and developing and implementing policies on mental health, juvenile/criminal, school discipline and police and education justice issues. Dawn also has life-long experience as an individual with mental health challenges navigating and advocating for changes in the mental health care system, particularly for low-income students, people of color, and people who are incarcerated, homeless, and disproportionately targeted by the police.
Join us to learn from Dawn’s experience – and to share your own – advocating for behavioral health policy change at the local and state level to influence systems change. Dawn will share real-life examples and strategies and will engage in dialogue with the audience on how to advocate for policy change in your community or region.
**If you missed past member Roundtables, you can find summaries or recordings here:
- Mental Health Reform and the Recovery (R)Evolution – January 2023
- The Intersection of Poverty, Lived Experience, and Mental Health – January 2023
- Deconstructing Non-Compliance and Exploring a Counterargument to Forced Treatment – February 2023
- The Role of Families and/or Close Relationships – March 2023
- CBHL Member Roundtable: Alternatives to Forced Situations – April 2023
This Roundtable is for CBHL Members!
When: June 14 at 10:00am PST / 11:00am MST / 12:00pm CT / 1:00pm ET